So you think she might be pregnant?
Here’s some quick advice that might be helpful right now:
- LISTEN: The situation involves more than just you.
- STAY CALM: She needs your support now more than ever. She may be the one who is pregnant, but you are also a parent, and regardless of your relationship in the future, your perspective is important.
- TALK ABOUT IT: Not only with each other, but prepare to talk with parents and others close to the situation. Hiding the news from people who can genuinely help you only increases the stress.
- GATHER THE FACTS: Get all the information and seek wise counsel so you can make the best decision for both of you.
- EXPRESS YOURSELF HONESTLY: It’s normal to have feelings of anger, frustration and fear. But make sure she knows she is not alone.
- DONT BAIL: The more you run from this, the harder it becomes to think and act clearly.
- DONT PRESSURE HER: Applying pressure will only push her away, possibly into a regretful situation. You will do well to work together as a team.
- DONT FORGET: You have a very active role in this situation. Listen to input as well as give your thoughts.