Abortion Screening Service
An unplanned pregnancy diagnosis can be overwhelming. The Women’s Clinic of Atlanta provides free of charge abortion screening to help you answer important medical questions before getting an abortion. If you receive a positive pregnancy test, our licensed medical professionals will answer your questions about your abortion options and empower you to make the best decision for you.
Our Abortion Screening Appointment May Include:
- Easy-to-understand information about your abortion options
- Free, lab-certified pregnancy testing results that are required in the state of Georgia before your abortion
- Ultrasounds for qualifying patients to measure the fetal size and determine the gestational age, which determines what abortion procedure you’re eligible to receive
- Chlamydia and gonorrhea testing and treatment (if necessary) to reduce the risk of infection prior to the abortion procedure
- Rh Factor testing (if necessary) to determine if a medication is needed after an abortion based on your blood type
- Hemoglobin and Hematocrit testing (if necessary) to determine if blood levels are of concern
During your visit, the Nurse Practitioner will complete a sexual health screening and discuss which services are applicable for your care.