Abortion Screening Service
An unplanned pregnancy diagnosis can be overwhelming. The Women’s Clinic of Atlanta provides free of charge abortion screening to help you answer important medical questions before getting an abortion. If you receive a positive pregnancy test, our licensed medical professionals will answer your questions about your abortion options and empower you to make the best decision for you.
Our Abortion Screening Appointment May Include:
- Easy-to-understand information about all abortion options
- Lab-certified early detection pregnancy testing–a medical necessity before an abortion
- Blood testing – pregnancy can be detected 6 days after conception
- Urine testing – pregnancy can be detected 10 days after fertilization of the egg and attachment to the uterine wall
- Ultrasound to measure the fetal size and determine the gestational age
- Determines abortion procedure options
- Chlamydia and Gonorrhea testing and possible treatment
- Reduces the risk of potential infection connected to the abortion procedure
- Rh Factor testing
- Determines if a medication is needed after the abortion based on blood type
- Hemoglobin and Hematocrit testing
- Determines if blood levels are of concern—The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists states that the safety of chemical abortion is unknown if the patient’s hemoglobin is less than 10
A complete Abortion Screening is medically recommended prior to obtaining an abortion. Pregnancy verification and determining if there is a heartbeat is required by law in the State of Georgia. This service is free of charge and documentation of the appointment is provided.
During your visit, the Nurse Practitioner will complete a sexual health screening and discuss which services are applicable for your care. All services listed above are for patients who qualify based on their sexual health screening. If you were planning to abort, and abortion is no longer an option due to the law, we are able to provide social services and extended care to qualifying patients. Schedule an appointment today to learn more!
Get In Touch
Please note there are limited appointments available for online booking. Additional appointments are available by phone and text.